What are the benefits for kindergarten committees?
We lessen the workload by being responsible for:
- Recruitment and employment of permanent staff, in consultation with parent and staff representatives
- Providing relief staff
- Advice on industrial relations
- Licensing of preschool and kindergarten services
- Telephone and on site support for critical issues
- Workshops and training for incoming committee members
- Specialised support for Treasurers with a peer educator service
- Optional Central Enrolment Register
- Information and training regarding quality improvement processes
- Early Childhood Support from specialists in early childhood education
- Advice for parents
- Advocacy about key issues for children and families
Each Committee of Management retains the responsibility for day to day operation of the centre.
What are the benefits for staff?
- A confidential and secure payroll system
- Employment options within GKA centres
- Working conditions under industrial awards and certified agreements
- Planned professional development based on staff and centre needs
- Professional support for programming, curriculum and day to day issues from specialists in early childhood development
- A mentorship program for new graduates
- Regular opportunities for professional and social networking
- Active lobbying about key staff issues
GKA is an Equal Opportunity employer.
We employ over 140 staff in 33 centres.